- What information we collect
- How we use that information
- How we may share that information
- How we protect your information
- Your choices regarding your Personal Information
) (collectively the “
HipCity Hub Platform”
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- a) Information You Give Us
We collect information that you voluntarily share with us through the HipCity Hub Platform.
If you are using the HipCity Hub Platform to request professional services, you may give us:
- Contact information, such as your name, physical address, telephone number, and email address
- Information about your home, such as the number of bedrooms, the types of appliances and zip code or postal code where your home is located
- Billing information, such as credit or debit card number, expiration date & security code and/or information regarding your PayPal, Google Wallet or other digital payment accounts
If you participate on the HipCity Hub Platform as a service professional, you may give us:
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number
- Log-in information, including your HipCity Hub Platform username and password
- Application information, if requesting consideration to participate as a service professional through the HipCity Hub Platform, such as your experience, skills, eligibility to work, and availability
If you apply on the HipCity Hub Platform for employment with HipCity Hub, you may give us:
More about payment card information:
- Contact information, including your name, email address, telephone number, and mailing address
- Resume and LinkedIn profile
Although users can submit credit card or other payment card information to pay for a service through the HipCity Hub Platform, HipCity Hub does not receive this information itself. Payment card information is transmitted directly to a third-party payment card processor, GTPay, through an Internet connection secured by industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology. GTPay then communicates to HipCity Hub whether your payment has cleared, but does not provide payment card information to HipCity Hub. www.gtbank.com
You may, at your choice, complete surveys on the HipCity Hub Platform about, for example, your level of satisfaction with the HipCity Hub Platform, your engagement with the HipCityHub Platform, and your awareness of HipCity Hub Platform features. In some cases, we may link the information you provide in the survey with Personal Information in your HipCity Hub account, such as your name or email address. When linked to Personal Information, your survey information becomes Personal Information too.
- b) Information We Collect Through Technology
We collect information through technology to enhance our ability to serve you. When you access and use the HipCity Hub Platform, HipCity Hub and, in some cases, our third-party service providers collect information about how you interact with the HipCity Hub Platform. We describe below a few of the methods we use to collect information through technology.
When you visit the HipCity Hub Platform, we collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address. An IP address is often associated with the portal you used to enter the Internet, like your Internet service provider (ISP), company, association, or university. While an IP address may reveal your ISP or geographic area, we cannot determine your identity solely based upon your IP address. However, we may link the last IP address you used to access the HipCity Hub Platform to Personal Information you provide us.
We may also collect a unique identifier for your computer, mobile device, or other device used to access the HipCity Hub Platform (“Device Identifier”
). A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to the device you used to access the HipCity Hub Platform. We may link the Device Identifier to other information about your visit, such as what pages you viewed, and to Personal Information you provide us, such as your name.
Yes. For more information about cookies, please visit our Cookies Policy
We may include small graphic images or other web programming code, called web beacons (also known as “pixel tags”, “web bugs” or “clear GIFs”), in our web and mobile pages and messages. The web beacons are minute graphics with a unique identifier. They are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored in a user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. Web beacons help us better manage content on the HipCity Hub Platform by informing us what content is effective, monitoring how users navigate the HipCity Hub Platform, counting users of the HipCity Hub Platform, and counting how many e-mails sent by us were actually opened.
Your ‘Do Not Track’ Browser Setting
We do not support the Do Not Track (DNT) browser setting. DNT is a preference you can set in your browser’s settings to let the websites you visit know that you do not want the websites collecting your Personal Information.
We do track your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services. For example, we use web beacons to help us determine what links or advertisers brought you to our Site. We also use third-party service providers to display advertisements to you on other websites based on your activities while on the HipCity HubPlatform.
- c) Information Collected by Mobile Applications
When you use the App, the App may automatically collect and store some or all of the following information from your mobile device (“Mobile Device Information”
), including, but not limited to:
- The type of Internet browsers you use with the App.
- Your preferred country site.
- Your mobile operating system.
- Your phone number or other identifiers assigned to your mobile device, including: The IP address of your mobile device, The manufacturer and model of your mobile device
We may also collect information about how you use the App, such as the amount of time you spend using the App, how many times you use a specific feature of the App over a given time period, how often you use the App, and actions you take in the App. In addition, we may gather information about the website from which you downloaded the App to help us determine what App download site is most effective (collectively “App Usage Information”
We may link your Mobile Device Information and App Usage Information to Personal Information you have provided us, in which case we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
If you are a service professional using HipCity Hub’s mobile application for service professionals (the “Pro Portal”
), we may collect your geographic location by using Global Positioning System (GPS) information sent to us from the Pro Portal. For more information on when this information is collected, how we use it, and with whom it is shared, services professionals should refer to the Service Professional Agreement available on the service professional portal.
We only collect location information about service professionals who have been accepted to participate on the HipCity Hub Platform and not about service supplicants or about service professionals applying to participate in the HipCity Hub Platform.
- d) Information You Provide About A Third Party
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about the HipCity Hub Platform, we may collect your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the HipCity Hub Platform. We store this information only to send this one-time email and to track the success of our referral program. We do not use this information for any other marketing purpose unless we obtain consent from that person or we explicitly say otherwise. Please be aware that when you refer a friend, your e-mail address may be included in the message sent to your friend.
- e) Information Third Parties Provide About You
We may supplement the information we collect about you through the HipCity Hub Platform with records received from third parties in order to enhance our ability to serve you, to tailor our content to you, and to offer you information that we believe may be of interest to you. For example, websites on which we have placed advertisements, such as Google, may tell us which ads about HipCity Hub you clicked. This is often called “conversion tracking.”
In addition, when third parties such as Hirease, Onfido or Checkr.com conduct background checks on service professionals, those third parties share the results of the background check with HipCity Hub.
If you login to the HipCity Hub Platform through a social networking site, such as Facebook, we may collect your Facebook authentication token and account identification number and use that information to provide you with access to your account on the HipCity Hub Platform.
- f) Information You Provide to a Third Party
The HipCity Hub Platform includes links from the HipCity Hub Platform to sites or applications operated by third parties (“Third-Party Sites”
) and plug-ins (such as Twitter buttons) from Third-Party Sites.
For example, service professionals may be directed to a Third Party Site, such as Checkr.com, Onfido.com, or Hirease.com, so that the Third Party Site can conduct a background check. The Third Party Site may ask the service professional for identifying information to conduct the background check.
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the information we collect to serve our customers, consider applicants, market and promote our services, and improve your experience at the HipCity Hub Platform. Some examples include:
- Scheduling, rescheduling, and cancelling services
- Rating service professionals
- Addressing service complaints
- Communicating with you by email, telephone, or text message, in accordance with your wishes
- Managing payments for services
- Considering whether to engage service professionals on the HipCity Hub Platform
- Evaluating job applications to work at HipCity Hub
- Improving customer service
- Sending you marketing and promotional emails, unless you have told us you do not want to receive such emails
- Troubleshooting technical problems on the HipCity Hub Platform
- Responding to questions and feedback
- Conducting research and analysis
- Running online or mobile sweepstakes, contents, or other promotions
- Marketing and advertising products and services
- Continuously evaluating and improving the online and mobile user experience
- Contacting you with regard to your use of the HipCity Hub Platform and, in our discretion, changes to the HipCity Hub Platform and/or the HipCity Hub Platform policies
By using the HipCity Hub platform, you expressly consent and agree to accept and receive communications from us, including via e-mail, text message, calls, and push notifications to the cellular telephone number you provided to us. By consenting to being contacted by HipCity Hub, you understand and agree that you may receive communications generated by automatic telephone dialing systems and/or which will deliver prerecorded messages sent by or on behalf of HipCity Hub, its affiliated companies and/or Users/Professionals, including but not limited to: operational communications concerning your account or use of the HipCity Hub Platform or Services, updates concerning new and existing features on the HipCity Hub Platform, communications concerning promotions run by us and news concerning HipCity Hub and industry developments. If you wish to opt-out of promotional emails, text messages, or other communications, you may opt-out by following the unsubscribe options described below. Standard text messaging charges applied by your cell phone carrier will apply to text messages we send. You acknowledge that you are not required to consent to receive promotional messages as a condition of using the HipCity Hub Platform or the Services. You may opt-out of receiving promotional or marketing texts or calls from HipCity Hub at any time. You may also opt-out of receiving all texts or calls from HipCity Hub (including informational or transactional messages), however you acknowledge that opting out of receiving all texts may impact your use of the HipCity Hub Platform or the Services.
The information described in this section may be transferred to, or processed and stored in, Nigeria and other countries, which may employ greater or less restrictive data protection laws. In all cases, we will take appropriate measures to protect your personal information in accordance with the policies described herein.
We delete the back-ups of the databases containing your Personal Information after 9 months, unless you request that we delete it earlier.
III. HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- a) Third Parties Providing Services on Our Behalf
Third party companies and individuals provide or facilitate certain aspects of the services offered through the HipCity Hub Platform on our behalf. We may provide these third-party service providers with access to your information, including your Personal Information, so that they can perform these services for us. We require these third-party service providers to provide safeguards for your Personal Information similar to the ones that we provide.
The following are some examples of how we share your information with third-party service providers.
- In some cases, these third-party service providers, such as Epsilon, may in turn share your Personal Information, such as your name and email address, with other third parties for their marketing-related purposes. If you wish to opt out of having your Personal Information shared with such third parties, please email email@example.com.
- Service providers help us to provide functions available through the HipCityHub Platform. For example, we may share your Device Identifier with MTN,GLO, AIRTEL, ETISALAT so that it can help us to send you push notifications.
- We use third-party service providers to analyze your use of our App.
- We may disclose your Personal Information to an attorney in the process of obtaining legal advice.
- We use GTPay, a third-party service provider, to process any billing information, including credit card information you submit.
- When service professionals applying to participate on the HipCity Hub Platform in Nigeria provide their personal data for a background check, the personal data is transmitted using SSL encryption to the background check service provider. HipCityHub also securely provides Nigeria’s professional’s Security Agencies the data to check processor.
- b) If You Agree To Receive Information From Third Parties
- d) Contests and Promotions
We may offer contests, and other promotions (any, a “Promotion”) through the HipCity Hub Platform that may require providing Personal Information to register. By participating in a Promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, allowing the sponsor of the Promotion to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion. Please read the official rules carefully. If you choose to enter a Promotion, Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion, including, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion’s official rules, such as on a winners’ list.
- e) Social Network Site Authentication
If you choose to log-in to the HipCity Hub Platform through Facebook, Twitter, or another social networking site, we may share information about your account with the social networking site.
- f) Administrative and Legal Reasons
We may be required to disclose Personal Information in response to a court order, subpoena, civil discovery request, other legal process, or as otherwise required by law.
Legal Compliance and Protections:
We may disclose account and other Personal Information when we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of HipCity Hub, our users, or others. This includes exchanging Personal Information with other companies and organizations for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction.
- g) Corporate Transactions
We reserve the right to disclose and transfer your information, including your Personal Information:
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
- To a subsequent owner, co-owner, or operator of the HipCity Hub Platform or successor database.
- In connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, the sale of substantially all of our membership interests and/or assets or other corporate change, including to any prospective purchasers.
We do not collect any information from anyone under 18 years of age. The HipCity Hub
Platform, and products and services offered through it, are all directed to people who are at least 18 years old or older. If you are under the age of 18, you are not authorized to use the HipCity Hub Platform.
- HOW WE PROTECT THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The security and confidentiality of your Personal Information is important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access or disclosure and improper use.
For example, when users book services, the information they input is encrypted through SSL encryption. We do not store credit card information on our servers, and we use SSL encryption to protect your credit card information when it is transferred to our third-party payment processor. In addition, access to your Personal Information is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the Personal Information to perform a specific job, for example, sales representatives, managers, and customer service staff, are granted access to Personal Information. All employees with access to Personal Information are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. After a new policy is added, these employees are notified and/or reminded about the importance we place on privacy, and what they can do to enhance protection for our users’ Personal Information.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your account password and to your computer. Be sure to log out of your account or to close your browser after you have completed your visit to our Site.
Please note that despite our reasonable efforts, no security measure is ever perfect or impenetrable, so we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information.
- YOUR CHOICES REGARDING THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
You may contact HipCity Hubinfo@hipcityhub.com
to update, correct, or delete your Personal Information. You may also update, correct, and delete some of your Personal Information through your account on the HipCity Hub Platform.
In addition, you may cancel or modify the email communications you have chosen to receive from the HipCity Hub Platform by following the instructions contained in emails from us.
- HAVE QUESTIONS?
HipCity Hub Integrated Services
Suite 008, Transpharm Plaza, Utako
Last updated: August 03, 2016