HIPCITY TERMS OF SERVICE
) and the rules, policies, terms and conditions set forth in, referred to and/or linked herein, all of which are incorporated herein by reference, are, collectively, the “Agreement”
This Agreement constitutes a legal agreement between you (“you”
) and HIPCITYHUB Integrated Services, d/b/a Hipcity hub (“HipCity Hub”
). This Agreement governs your use of our services and platform that facilitates communications between Users offered through our website located at www.hipcityhub.com
, as it may be modified, relocated and/or redirected from time to time (the “Site”
), and the mobile applications offered by us (the “Apps”
). Our services, platform, Site and Apps are collectively referred to as the “HIpcity Hub Platfrom”
By using or registering with the HipCity Hub Platform or any portions thereof, you hereby expressly acknowledge and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and any future amendments and additions to this Agreement as we may publish from time to time. Please read this Agreement carefully. If you do not agree to be bound by this Agreement, you will not have any right to use the HipCity Hub Platform. HipCity Hub’s acceptance is expressly conditioned upon your assent to this Agreement in its entirety. If this Agreement is considered to be an offer by us, acceptance is expressly limited to this Agreement.
By using the HipCity Hub Platform, you represent and warrant that: (i) you are at least 18 years old, are at least of the legally required age in the jurisdiction in which you reside, and are otherwise capable of entering into binding contracts; and (ii) you have the right, authority and capacity to enter into this Agreement and to abide by the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and that you will so abide. Where you enter into this Agreement on behalf of a company or other organization, you represent and warrant that you have authority to act on behalf of that entity and to bind that entity to this Agreement.
- Your agreement that the HipCity Hub Platform is provided “as is” and without warranty (Section 15).
- Your agreement that the HipCity Hub Platform is solely a communications platform providing a method for Professional Services to be booked, that all Professional Services are performed by third parties, and that HipCity Hub has no liability for any Professional Services or any acts or omissions of third parties (Sections 1 and 15), with the exception of HipCity Hub Money-Back Guarantee (Section 3(d)).
- Your agreement that HipCity Hub’s Money-Back Guarantee is limited to Payments paid by Requesters through the HipCity Hub Platform (Section 3(d)).
- Your agreement to release HipCity Hub from liability based on claims relating to Services and otherwise (Section 15) and your agreement to the limitation of time within which a claim can be brought (Section 20).
- Your agreement to indemnify HipCity Hub from claims due to your use, misuse or inability to use the HipCity Hub Platform, the Merchandise and/or Professional Services, your violation of this Agreement, applicable laws or third party rights, and/or content or information submitted from your account to the HipCity Hub Platform (Section 16).
- Your agreement that either party may compel binding arbitration for most types of disputes, and your agreement to submit to an informal dispute resolution process for at least 30 days prior to the initiation of any claim (Section 17).
- Your agreement that no claims can be adjudicated on a class basis (Section 17).
- Your consent to any modifications or amendments to this Agreement (Section 21).
- The HipCity Hub Platform is Solely a Venue for Communications; Background Checks.
- The HipCity Hub Platform is Solely a Venue for Communications. The HipCity Hub Platform is a communications platform for enabling the connection between individuals seeking to obtain services (“Supplicants”) and/or individuals seeking to provide services (“Professionals”). Supplicants and Professionals together are referred to as “Users”. Those certain services requested by the Supplicants, which are to be completed by the Professionals, are hereinafter referred to as “Professional Services”.
The provision of all Professional Services is up to the Professionals, which may be scheduled through use of the HipCity Hub Platform. HipCity Hub, THROUGH THE HipCity Hub PLATFORM, OFFERS a synergy to connect supplicants and professionals to transact professional and legitimate services and/or, BUT DOES NOT AND DOES NOT INTEND TO PROVIDE SUCH PROFESSIONAL SERVICES OR MERCHANDISE ITSELF OR ACT IN ANY WAY AS A RETAILER OR MANUFACTURER, OR AS A RELATED SERVICE PROVIDER, AND HAS NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AND/OR MERCHANDISE PROVIDED TO THE SUPPLICANTS BY PROFESSIONALS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, A WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF GOOD AND WORKMANLIKE SERVICES, WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR COMPLIANCE WITH ANY LAW, REGULATION, OR CODE. HipCity Hub IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH, ENDORSED OR SPONSORED BY ANY THIRD PARTY MERCHANDISE PROVIDER OR RETAILER.
- Background Checks.HipCity Hub checks the backgrounds of Professionals (Criminality as well psychological health checks) via third party background check services. However, each Supplicant should exercise caution and common sense to protect its personal safety and property, just as you would when interacting with any person whom you do not know. BY USING THE HipCity Hub PLATFORM, THE SUPPLICANT AGREES TO HOLD HipCity Hub FREE FROM THE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LIABILITY OR DAMAGE THAT MIGHT ARISE OUT OF THE PROFESSIONAL SERVICES. HipCityHuB IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE, OF ANY USER INCLUDING PROFESSIONALS, AND WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, INJURY OR DAMAGE ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH ANY PROFESSIONAL SERVICES.
- Personal Information; User Accounts.
- Account, Password and Security. You are the sole authorized user of your account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any username, password and account provided by you or us for accessing the HipCity Hub Platform. You are solely and fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account, except that HipCity Hub may, in certain circumstances, access your account to make changes that you request, such as rescheduling a Service appointment. HipCity Hub has no control over the use of any User’s account by the User or third parties and expressly disclaims any liability derived therefrom. Should you suspect that any unauthorized party may be using your password or account or you suspect any other breach of security, you must contact us immediately at email@example.com. Nothing in this section shall affect HipCity Hub rights to limit or terminate the use of the HipCity Hub Platform, as provided below in section 4(b).
- Proof of Identity. You will provide us with such proof of identity as we may reasonably request from time to time.
- Text Messages and Phone Calls. By providing your phone number and using theHipCityHub Platform, you agree that we may, to the extent permitted by applicable law, use your mobile phone number for calls and, if such phone number is a mobile number, for text (SMS) messages, in order to assist with facilitating the requested Professional Services. Standard call or message charges or other charges from your phone carrier may apply to calls or text (SMS) messages we send you. You may opt-out of receiving text (SMS) messages from us by replying with the word “STOP” to a text message from us. You acknowledge that opting out of text (SMS) messages may impact your ability to use the HipCity Hub Platform.
You agree to HipCity Hub’s use of a service provider to mask your telephone number when you call or exchange text (SMS) messages with a Service Professor or Service Supplicant using a telephone number provided by HipCity Hub During this process, HipCity Hub and its service provider will receive in real time and store call data, including the date and time of the call or text (SMS) message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the text (SMS) messages. You agree to the masking process described above and to HipCity Hub’s use and disclosure of this call data for its legitimate business purposes.
- Emails.HipCity Hub may send you confirmation and other transactional emails regarding the Professional Services. HipCity Hub may also send you emails about services that we think might interest you (“Promotional Emails”). You can unsubscribe from Promotional Emails at any time by clicking unsubscribe in our email communications or contacting us.
- Payments; Money Back Guarantee; Claims.
- Payments. Users of the HipCity Hub Platform contract for Professional Services directly with other Users. HipCity Hub is not a party to any contracts for Professional Services. The HipCity Hub Platform facilitates these contracts by supplying a medium through which Supplicants can connect with Professionals, schedule Professional Services, and make payments for Professional Services (“Payments”). Supplicants are obligated to pay in advance for the Professional Services and/or Merchandise they order through the HipCity Hub Platform. We will charge the Supplicant’s credit card according to the amount the Supplicant has agreed to on the HipCity Hub Platform with respect to all Professional Services and/or Merchandise, the HipCity Hub has ordered, and for all purchases and payments for reimbursement costs, fees or expenses associated with a Professional Service, and the Supplicant hereby authorizes us to charge the credit card on file in the Supplicant’s HipCity Hub Platform account for such amounts. We will use third party services to process credit card information. We retain the right, in our sole discretion, to place a hold on the Supplicant’s credit card for an ordered or completed Professional Service transaction. Seventy-two (72) hours after a Professional Service is completed, if there is no complaint by the Supplicant, we will mark the Professional Service as closed. If the Supplicant has agreed with the Professional to extend or reduce the hours in or to reschedule a requested Professional Service, the Supplicant bears the responsibility for notifying HipCity Hub. Supplicants must notify HipCity Hub either by changing the date or hours of the requested Professional Service through the HipCity Hub Platform or by visiting the firstname.lastname@example.orgAll Payments by Supplicants must be made through the HipCity Hub Platform. Any Payments paid outside of the HipCity Hub Platform are not subject to our Money-Back Guarantee in Section 3(d). Except for the Money-Back Guarantee in Section 3(d), and the Refund Policy in Section 3(e), no refunds or credits will be provided once the Supplicant’s credit card has been charged, except that at our sole discretion, refunds or credits may be granted in extenuating circumstances, as a result of specific promotions, or to correct any errors we have made. While we will use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of all credit card and all other personal information, we expressly disclaim any liability for any damage that may result should any information be released to any third parties, and you agree to hold us harmless for any damages that may result therefrom. Supplicants will be liable for all transaction taxes on the Professional Service(s) provided (other than taxes based on HipCity Hub’s income).
- Job Rate. The rate per hour for a Professional Service (“Job Rate”) depends on factors, such as location and how frequently a Recurrent Service is ordered. Therefore, the same Professional Service may cost more in a different location or if the Professional Service is ordered less frequently.
- Recurrent Service. When requesting a Professional Service, Supplicant may have the option of choosing that the Professional Service be repeated on a regular basis (“Recurrent Service”). For example, a Supplicant may choose that a cleaning be performed every two weeks. When a Supplicant chooses a Recurrent Service, HipCity Hub will automatically schedule that Recurrent Service to occur on future dates indefinitely at the frequency requested by Supplicant. Supplicant’s credit card will be charged for the Recurrent Service as the Professional Service appointments occur and for any applicable cancellation fees. HipCity Hub cannot guarantee that the same Professional will be scheduled for each Recurrent Service appointment or that Recurrent Service appointments will not be canceled. However a professional can be repeated on request by the Supplicant based on the efficiency of previous task delivery.
- Money-Back Guarantee. If the Supplicant ordered and paid for a Professional Service through the HipCity Hub Platform and the Professional Service has already been performed, and if the Supplicant is not satisfied with that Professional Service, then the Supplicant is eligible for our Money-Back Guarantee provided that the Supplicant reports the issue within seventy-two (72) hours of the Professional Service appointment to our customer service telephone number by visiting the email@example.com. The Money-Back Guarantee is as follows: we will have the applicable Professional Service re-performed. If the Supplicant elects to have the Professional Service re-performed and the Requester is still not satisfied with the Professional Service after it has been re-performed, we will refund the Supplicant’s Payment amount for such Professional Service.The amount of HipCity Hub‘s Money-Back Guarantee is limited to any Payment the Supplicant made for the Professional Service. HipCity Hub Money-Back Guarantee does not apply to any other cost, liability, damage, injury, or claim arising from or in connection with the Professional Services. For clarity, HipCity Hub’s Money-Back Guarantee does not apply to any payments made for Merchandise, and solely applies to payments made for the Professional Services to deliver and/or assemble the Merchandise, as applicable.
- HipCity Hub Delivery Refund Policy.
- If you decide that you do not want the Merchandise before it has been unpacked or opened, or if the Merchandise you ordered does not fit into your home or your building refuses entry, HipCity Hub will return the Merchandise and will not refund you the cost of the Merchandise (provided, however, that HipCity Hub shall not refund the cost of the Professional Services).
- If any Merchandise is broken in the course of performing the Professional Services, HipCity Hub will remove and replace the broken Merchandise (or, where applicable, the broken component of the Merchandise) and re-perform the applicable Professional Services at no additional cost to you (provided, however, that HipCity Hub shall not refund the cost of the Merchandise or refund the cost of the Professional Services, except as set forth in 3(d) above).
iii. If you wish to return any Merchandise once it has been unpacked or opened, HipCity Hub Professionals will remove and return the Merchandise for a fee, same as was paid in bringing it.
- Term and Termination; Cancellation of Professional Services; Survival.
- Term. This Agreement shall continue in full force and effect until such time as it is terminated by you or by us.
- Termination by HipCity Hub. We may terminate this Agreement or terminate or suspend your right to use the HipCity Hub Platform at any time for any or no reason (including, without limitation, in the event that we believe that you have breached this Agreement or any policy posted on the HipCity Hub Platform, or if we otherwise find that you have engaged in inappropriate and/or offensive behavior (collectively, “Prohibited Conduct”)) by providing you with written or email notice of such termination to the physical or email address you have provided us, and termination will be effective immediately upon such notice. Except in the event that we terminate or suspend your right to use the HipCity Hub Platform due to any Prohibited Conduct, we will refund in full any payments for HipCity Hub services or Professional Services that have not been performed or completed. If we terminate or suspend your account for any reason, you are prohibited from registering and creating a new account under your name, a fake or borrowed name, or the name of any third party, even if you may be acting on behalf of the third party. In addition to terminating or suspending your account, we reserve the right to take appropriate legal action, including without limitation pursuing civil, criminal, and injunctive redress. When terminating your account, HipCity Hub may delete the account and all the information in it. You have no ownership rights to your account.
- Termination by You. You may terminate this Agreement by completely and permanently ceasing to use the HipCity Hub Platform (provided that there are no outstanding Professional Services ordered under your password or account) and by closing any account you have opened on the HipCity Hub Platform. If you attempt to terminate this Agreement while there are still outstanding Professional Services ordered under your password or account, this Agreement shall not terminate until such Professional Services have been performed or otherwise canceled as permitted by HipCity Hub.
- Policy for Service Cancellation by Supplicant.HipCity Hub’s cancellation policy for specific Professional Services is as follows: Supplicant may cancel their scheduled Professional Service appointments through the HipCity Hub Platform at any time, subject to the following. If a Supplicant cancels more than 24 hours before a scheduled Professional Service appointment, there is no cancellation fee. If a Supplicant cancels between 2-24 hours before a scheduled Professional Service appointment, the Supplicant will be charged a N500 cancellation fee. If the Supplicant cancels during the 2 hours before a scheduled Professional Service appointment, the Requester will be charged the full Professional Service amount. This cancellation policy applies both for one-time Professional Service bookings and for recurring Professional Service appointments. A Professional Service appointment may be canceled through the HipCity Hub Platform or through our phone lines.
- Policy for Service Cancellation by Professional. When a Professional cancels a scheduled Professional Service appointment, the HipCity Hub Platform generally notifies the Supplicant and makes the Supplicant’s Professional Service request available for another Professional to select. However, HipCity Hub cannot guarantee that a canceled Professional Service appointment will be selected by another Professional and rescheduled or that the Professional Service request will be completed. Professionals who cancel a scheduled Professional Service appointment may incur fees as provided in the Service Agreement.
- Survival. All provisions that should by their nature survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement, including without limitation, Sections 8, 10 and 14-22, shall so survive.
- Community Areas. The HipCity Hub Platform may contain blogs, message boards, applications, reviews, job postings, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities and/or other message or communication facilities that allow Users to communicate with other Users (collectively, “Community Areas”). All submissions made to Community Areas within the HipCity Hub Platform will be public, and we will not be responsible for any information or materials posted in Community Areas. You may only use such Community Areas to send and receive messages and material that are relevant and proper to the applicable forum and that comply with this Agreement. “Your Information” is defined as any information and materials you provide to us or other Users in connection with your registration for and use of the HipCity Hub Platform, including without limitation, information and materials that are posted or transmitted for use in Community Areas. You are solely responsible for Your Information, and we are merely a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of Your Information. You hereby represent and warrant that Your Information: (a) will comply at all times with this Agreement, including but not limited to Section 7 (Rules for Use of the HipCity Hub Platform) below, and with Section 2 (Personal Information; User Accounts) above; and (b) will not create liability for us or cause us to lose (in whole or in part) the services of our Internet Service Providers (ISPs), customers, or other partners or suppliers. You hereby grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable (through multiple tiers) right to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works, communicate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute all of Your Information that is posted to Community Areas from or through your account on the HipCity Hub Platform, including but not limited to all images, videos, musical works and text included in such postings. The rights you grant in this license are for the limited purpose of operating, promoting, and improving the HipCityHub Platform. We reserve the right to remove postings from Community Areas in our sole discretion.
- Rules for Use of the HipCity Hub Platform. During the term of this Agreement, Supplicants may use the HipCity Hub Platform for your personal use only (or for the use of a person, including a company or other organization that you validly represent). Supplicants may use the HipCity Platform to book Professional Services solely with respect to a location where the Supplicant is legally authorized to have Professional Services performed. Supplicants may not use the HipCity Hub Platform for any other purposes or in connection with any commercial endeavors whatsoever without our express prior written consent. Supplicants agree that an order for Professional Services is an offer, which is only accepted when the Supplicant receives a confirmation of the order. Supplicants agree to treat Professionals courteously and lawfully, to provide a safe and appropriate working environment for them that is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, and to provide reasonable co-operation to Professionals to enable them to supply Professional Services. Supplicants agree to communicate any complaints to us and not to the Professionals. Supplicants agree to comply with our complaint and other policies designated on the Site. Supplicants acknowledge that their selected Professional may be unavailable from time to time, e.g. due to illness, vacation or leaving HipCity Hub.Professionals agree to provide Professional Services in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and with the Service Agreement. You shall NOT use the HipCity Hub Platform (including but not limited to any Community Areas) to do any of the following:
- Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, corrupted files, or any other similar software that may damage the operation of another’s computer.
- Upload files that contain software or other material that violates the intellectual property rights or rights of privacy or publicity of any third party.
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as, but not limited to, rights of privacy and publicity) of others, including but not limited to our staff and other Users.
- Post a review or rating unless such review or rating contains your independent, honest, genuine opinion.
- Use the HipCityHub Platform or any Professional Service for any purpose or in any manner that is in violation of local, state, national, or international law.
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any profane, defamatory, false, misleading, fraudulent, threatening or unlawful topics, names, materials or information, or any materials, information or content that involve the sale of counterfeit or stolen items.
- Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose or solicit employment or contract work which is not relevant to services offered through the HipCity Hub Platform. You may not solicit, advertise for, or contact in any form Users for employment, contracting, or any other purpose not related to Professional Services facilitated through the HipCity Hub Platform without express written permission from us.
- Use the HipCity Hub Platform to collect usernames and/or email addresses of members by electronic or other means without our express prior written consent.
- Conduct or forward surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, or chain letters.
- Impersonate another person or allow any other person or entity to use your identification to post or view comments or otherwise use your account.
- Post the same note repeatedly (referred to as ‘spamming’). Spamming is strictly prohibited.
- Download any file posted by another User that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed through the HipCity Hub Platform, or post or upload any content to which you have not obtained any necessary rights or permissions to use accordingly.
- Restrict or inhibit any other User from using and enjoying the HipCity Hub Platform.
- Imply or state that any statements you make are endorsed by us, without our prior written consent.
- Reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, translate, modify, adapt, license, sublicense, alter, copy, distribute, hack or interfere with the HipCity Hub Platform, its servers or any connected networks, use a robot, spider, manual and/or automatic processes or devices to data-mine, data-crawl, scrape or index the HipCity Hub Platform in any manner, or attempt to do any of the foregoing.
- Remove or alter, visually or otherwise, any copyrights, trademarks or proprietary marks and rights owned by us.
- Upload content that is offensive and/or harmful, including, but not limited to, content that advocates, endorses, condones or promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any individual or group of individuals.
- Upload content that provides materials or access to materials that are obscene, adult or sexual or that exploit anyone, and in particular people under the age of 18, in an abusive, violent or sexual manner.
- Register to use the HipCity Hub Platform under different usernames or identities, after your account has been suspended or terminated.
- Mirror or archive any part of the HipCity Hub Platform or any content or material contained on the HipCity Hub Platform without HipCity Hub’s written permission.
- No Employment.HipCity Hub provides a software platform which allows you to connect with independent Professionals. HipCity Hub is not the employer of any Professional. You acknowledge that we do not supervise, direct, or control a Professional’s work or Professional Services performed in any manner. A Professional provides services to you as an independent contractor, and is not an employee, joint venture, partner, agent, or franchisee of HipCity Hub for any purpose whatsoever.
- Special Promotions; Gift Cards and Vouchers.
- Changes to Promotions. We may from time to time provide certain promotional opportunities to Supplicants. All promotions will be run at our sole discretion, and can be activated, modified or removed at any time by us without advance notification.
- Referral Credits. In the event that you are given a code through which you may refer a friend to the HipCity Hub Platform in exchange for a referral credit, you shall not use any online marketing or advertising to promote such code or to artificially increase the amount of credits awarded. By way of example, you may not post, or cause, request or permit a third party to post any such code on a coupon website, nor use any paid search marketing, online advertising, forum posting, newsgroup posting or bulk email to disseminate such code. You may only share such code with your personal friends and acquaintances for legitimate referral purposes, as determined by us in our sole discretion. Without limiting our other rights and remedies, we may terminate such code and/or your account for any breach of this Section. For questions or additional information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gift Cards and Vouchers.HipCity Hub gift cards (“Gift Cards”) and vouchers or promotional codes for special offers or discounts (“Vouchers”) (individually, “Card”, or together, “Cards”) may be available and can be used to pay in part or in full for Professional Services. Card must be presented at the time of purchase and available balance will be applied to your purchase. Card does not expire and there are no fees associated with use of Card.
- Intellectual Property Rights. The HipCity Hub Platform, and the information, data, content and materials, which it contains (“HipCity Hub Materials”), are the property of HipCity Hub and/or its affiliates and licensors, excluding User-generated content, which HipCity Hub has a right to use as described below. The HipCity Hub Materials are protected from unauthorized copying and dissemination by Nigeria’s copyright law, trademark law, international conventions, and other intellectual property laws. HipCity Hub and/or its affiliates and licensors are and shall continue to be the sole and exclusive owner of all right, title and interest in and to all intellectual property rights associated with the HipCity Hub Materials. Any use of HipCity Hub Materials, other than as expressly permitted herein, is prohibited without the prior permission of HipCity Hub and/or the relevant right holder. The service marks and trademarks of HipCity Hub, including without limitation hipcityhub.com, hipcityhub.com and the HipCity Hub logo are service marks owned by HipCity. Any other trademarks, service marks, logos and/or trade names appearing on the HipCity Hub Platform are the property of their respective owners. You may not copy or use any of the marks, logos or trade names appearing on the HipCity Hub Platform without the express prior written consent of the owner.
- Copyright Complaints and Copyright Agent.HipCity Hub respects the intellectual property of others, and expects Users to do the same. HipCity will respond to properly submitted notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law. In the event that a person or entity has a good faith belief that any materials provided on or in connection with the HipCity Hub Platform infringe upon that person’s or entity’s copyright or other intellectual property right (such person or entity, a “Complainant”) and sends to HipCity a properly submitted copyright notice as indicated below, HipCity will investigate, and if it determines, in its discretion, that the material is infringing, HipCity will remove the content and may terminate the access of the User who posted such content to the HipCity Platform in the case of repeat infringers. All notices claiming an infringement of copyright rights must contain the following:
(i) Identification of the intellectual property right that is allegedly infringed. All relevant registration numbers, or a statement concerning the Complainant’s ownership of the work, should be included.
(ii) A statement specifically identifying the location of the infringing material, with enough detail that HipCity Hub may find it on the HipCity Hub Platform. Please note: it is not sufficient to merely provide a top level URL.
(iii) The complete name, address, telephone number and e-mail address of Complainant.
(iv) A statement that Complainant has a good faith belief that the use of the allegedly infringing material is not authorized by the owner of the rights, or its agents, or by law.
(v) A statement that the information contained in the notification is accurate, and under the penalty of perjury, Complainant is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other property rights that are allegedly infringed; (vi) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the intellectual property rights that are allegedly being infringed.
HipCity’s contact information for notice of alleged copyright infringement is:
Or via Mail:
Attn: Copyright Agent
HipCity Hub Integrated Services,
Transpharm Plaza, opposite Utako Motor Park
PO Box # 900001
- The App / Mobile Devices
- The HipCity Hub Platform may allow you to access our services, download our Apps, upload content to the HipCity Hub Platform, and receive messages on your mobile device (collectively “Mobile Features”). Your mobile device carrier may prohibit or restrict certain Mobile Features and certain Mobile Features may be incompatible with your mobile device carrier or mobile device. In addition, your mobile device carrier may charge you for standard messaging, data, and other fees to participate in Mobile Features. We have no responsibility or liability for any fees or charges you incur when using the Mobile Features. You should check with your mobile device carrier to find out whether any fees or charges will apply, what plans are available and how much they cost. You should also contact your mobile device carrier with any other questions regarding these issues.
- You acknowledge that your use of the Apps is subject to any terms set forth in the terms of service of the third party providing the mobile device on which the App operates (e.g., Apple iOS or Android).
- HipCity Hub is not liable if you do not have a compatible mobile device or if you download the wrong version of an App for your mobile device. HipCity Hub reserves the right to terminate the use of the Apps or any other aspect of the HipCity Hub Platform should you be using the Apps or the HipCity Hub Platform with an incompatible or unauthorized device.
- App Store Sourced Application.
(i) With respect to Apps accessed through or downloaded from the Apple App Store (“App Store Sourced Application”
), you will use the App Store Sourced Application only: (i) on an Apple-branded product that runs iOS (Apple’s proprietary operating system software); and (ii) as permitted by the “Usage Rules” set forth in the Apple App Store Terms of Service. HipCityHub reserves all rights in and to the Apps not expressly granted to you under this Agreement.
(ii) You acknowledge and agree that (i) this Agreement is valid between you and HipCityHub only, and, that Apple is not a party to this Agreement other than as third-party beneficiary as contemplated below, and (ii) HipCity Hub, not Apple, is solely responsible for the App Store Sourced Application and the HipCity Hub Platform Content.
(iii) You acknowledge that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance or support services to you with respect to the App Store Sourced Application.
(iv) To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App Store Sourced Application.
(v) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, and subject to the terms in this Agreement, you acknowledge that, solely as between Apple and HipCity Hub, HipCity Hub and not Apple is responsible for addressing any claims you may have relating to the App Store Sourced Application, or your possession and/or use thereof, including, but not limited, to: (i) product liability claims, (ii) any claim that the App Store Sourced Application fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
(vi) Further, you agree that if the App Store Sourced Application, or your possession and use of the App Store Sourced Application, infringes on a third party’s intellectual property rights, you will not hold Apple responsible for the investigation, defence, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claims.
(vii) You acknowledge and agree that Apple, and Apple’s subsidiaries, are third-party beneficiaries of this Agreement for App Store Sourced Applications, and that, upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce this Agreement for App Store Sourced Applications against you as a third-party beneficiary thereof.
(viii) Without limiting any provisions of this Agreement, you must comply with all applicable third party terms of agreement when using the App Store Sourced Application.
- Modifications to the HipCity Hub Platform. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to review, improve, modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the HipCity Hub Platform or any content or information on the HipCity Hub Platform with or without notice. We will not be liable to any party for any modification or discontinuance of the HipCity HubPlatform.
- Confidentiality. The term “Confidential Information” shall mean any and all of HipCity Hub’s trade secrets, confidential and proprietary information, personal information and all other information and data of HipCity Hub that is not generally known to the public or other third parties who could derive value, economic or otherwise, from its use or disclosure. The HipCity Hub Platform contains secured components that are accessible only to those who have been granted a user name and password by HipCity Hub. Information contained within the secure components of the HipCity Hub Platform is confidential and proprietary. You acknowledge that Confidential Information (as hereinafter defined) is a valuable, special and unique asset of HipCity Hub and agree that you will not use Confidential Information other than as necessary for you to make use of the HipCity Hub Platform as expressly permitted by this Agreement and only during the term of this Agreement.
- Disclaimer of Warranties; Limitation on Liability.
- USE OF THE HIPCITY HUBPLATFORM IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE HIPCITY HUBPLATFORM IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER HIPCITY HUB NOR ITS AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT THE HIPCITY HUBPLATFORM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO ANY CONTENT AVAILABLE IN OR THROUGH THE HipCity HubPLATFORM; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO ANY PROFESSIONAL’S REGISTRATION, PROFESSIONAL ACCREDITATION OR LICENSE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE HipCity Hub PLATFORM, OR AS TO THE TIMELINESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, SUITABILITY, SAFETY, COMPLETENESS OR CONTENT OF THE SERVICES, PROFESSIONAL SERVICES, OR ANY PRODUCTS, MERCHANDISE, CONTENT, INFORMATION OR MATERIALS PROVIDED THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE HIPCITY HUB PLATFORM OR THIS AGREEMENT. ACCESS TO THE HIPCITY HUB PLATFORM IS PROVIDED FREE OF CHARGE AS A COURTESY. NEITHER HIPCITY HUB NOR ITS AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE, OF ANY USER OF THE HIPCITY HUB PLATFORM (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE CONDUCT OF ANY SUPPLICANTS OR PROFESSIONALS). NEITHER HIPCITY HUB NOR ITS AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT THE HIPCITY HUB PLATFORM IS FREE FROM VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. HIPCITY HUB AND ITS AFFILIATES AND LICENSORS CANNOT AND DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT ANY INFORMATION, PERSONAL OR OTHERWISE, SUPPLIED BY YOU WILL NOT BE MISAPPROPRIATED, INTERCEPTED, DELETED, DESTROYED OR USED BY OTHERS.
- NO LIABILITY. YOU AGREE NOT TO HOLD HIPCITY HUB, ITS AFFILIATES, ITS LICENSORS, OR ANY OF SUCH PARTIES’ AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, CORPORATE PARTNERS, OR PARTICIPANTS (COLLECTIVELY, “MEMBERS”) LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, EXPENSES, LOSSES, SUITS, CLAIMS, AND/OR CONTROVERSIES (COLLECTIVELY, “LIABILITIES”) THAT HAVE ARISEN OR MAY ARISE, WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, RELATING TO YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE HIPCITY HUB PLATFORM, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LIABILITIES ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONDUCT, ACT OR OMISSION OF ANY USER (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION STALKING, HARASSMENT, ACTS OF PHYSICAL VIOLENCE, AND LOSS OR DESTRUCTION OF PERSONAL PROPERTY), SERVICES, ANY DISPUTE WITH ANY USER, ANY INSTRUCTION, ADVICE, ACT, OR SERVICE PROVIDED BY HIPCITY HUB OR MEMBERS, AND ANY DESTRUCTION OF YOUR INFORMATION. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL HIPCITY HUB OR MEMBERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE HIPCITY HUB PLATFORM OR ANY SERVICES OR MERCHANDISE, EVEN IF SUCH PARTIES WERE OR SHOULD HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THE SAME. HIPCITY HUB AND MEMBERS DO NOT ACCEPT ANY LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO THE QUALITY OR FITNESS OF ANY WORK PERFORMED IN CONNECTION WITH THE HIPCITY HUB PLATFORM, THE PROFESSIONAL SERVICES, THE MERCHANDISE OR THIS AGREEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN TYPES OF DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF, NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING EXCLUSIONS, IT IS DETERMINED THAT HIPCITY HUB OR MEMBERS ARE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES, IN NO EVENT WILL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY, WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE TOTAL FEES PAID BY YOU TO HIPCITY HUB DURING THE SIX (6) MONTHS PRIOR TO THE TIME SUCH CLAIM AROSE.
- RELEASE.HIPCITY HUB AND MEMBERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY THAT MAY ARISE BETWEEN USERS OF THE HIPCITY HUB PLATFORM. THE HIPCITY HUB PLATFORM IS ONLY A VENUE FOR CONNECTING USERS. TO THE EXTENT THAT THE HIPCITY HUB PLATFORM CONNECTS A USER TO A THIRD PARTY PROVIDER FOR THE PURPOSES OF PROVIDING MERCHANDISE HEREUNDER, HIPCITY HUB WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE SUITABILITY, LEGALITY OR ABILITY OF ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS AND YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE AND RELEASE HIPCITY HUB FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDER. BECAUSE HIPCITY HUB IS NOT INVOLVED IN THE ACTUAL CONTACT BETWEEN USERS OR IN THE COMPLETION OF ANY PROFESSIONAL SERVICE, IN THE EVENT THAT YOU HAVE A DISPUTE WITH ONE OR MORE USERS, YOU RELEASE HIPCITY HUB AND MEMBERS FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, OR DAMAGES (ACTUAL, DIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL) OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED AND UNSUSPECTED, DISCLOSED AND UNDISCLOSED, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH SUCH DISPUTE. YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE AND RELEASE ANY AND ALL RIGHTS AND BENEFITS UNDER SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA (OR ANY ANALOGOUS LAW OF ANY OTHER STATE), WHICH READS AS FOLLOWS: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER, MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
- ADDITIONAL DISCLAIMER. THE QUALITY OF THE PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AND/OR THE MERCHANDISE SCHEDULED OR REQUESTED THROUGH THE USE OF THE HIPCITY HUB PLATFORM IS ENTIRELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PROFESSIONAL WHO ULTIMATELY PROVIDES SUCH PROFESSIONAL SERVICES TO YOU AND/OR THE THIRD PARTY MERCHANDISE PROVIDER. YOU UNDERSTAND, THEREFORE, THAT BY USING THE HIPCITY HUB PLATFORM, YOU MAY BE EXPOSED TO PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AND/OR MERCHANDISE THAT ARE POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS, OFFENSIVE, HARMFUL TO MINORS, UNSAFE OR OTHERWISE OBJECTIONABLE, AND THAT YOU USE THE HIPCITY HUB PLATFORM, AND SUCH PROFESSIONAL, AT YOUR OWN RISK.
NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT OR THE HIPCITY HUB PLATFORM CONSTITUTES, OR IS MEANT TO CONSTITUTE, ADVICE OF ANY KIND. IF YOU REQUIRE ADVICE IN RELATION TO ANY LEGAL, FINANCIAL OR MEDICAL MATTER YOU SHOULD CONSULT AN APPROPRIATE PROFESSIONAL.
BY USING THE HIPCITY HUB PLATFORM, YOU AGREE THAT THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET OUT IN THIS AGREEMENT ARE REASONABLE. IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE THEY ARE REASONABLE, YOU MUST NOT USE THE HIPCITY HUB PLATFORM.
YOU ACCEPT THAT, AS A CORPORATION, HIPCITY HUB HAS AN INTEREST IN LIMITING THE PERSONAL LIABILITY OF ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS AND EMPLOYEES. YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT BRING ANY CLAIM PERSONALLY AGAINST HIPCITY HUB’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS OR EMPLOYEES IN CONNECTION WITH ANY DISPUTE, LOSS OR DAMAGE. WITHOUT PREJUDICE TO THE FOREGOING, YOU AGREE THAT THE LIMITATIONS OF WARRANTIES AND LIABILITY SET OUT IN THIS AGREEMENT WILL PROTECT THE HIPCITY HUB’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSORS, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS AND SUB-CONTRACTORS AS WELL AS HIPCITY HUB.
EACH PARTY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE OTHER PARTY HAS ENTERED INTO THIS AGREEMENT RELYING ON THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY STATED HEREIN AND THAT THOSE LIMITATIONS ARE AN ESSENTIAL BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
- Indemnification. You hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless HIPCITY HUB, its licensors, and each such party’s directors, officers, parent organizations, subsidiaries, affiliates, members, employees, agents, attorneys, independent contractors and vendors from and against any and all claims, losses, expenses, liabilities, damages or demands (including attorneys’ fees and costs incurred), in connection with or resulting from, directly or indirectly: (i) your use or misuse of or inability to use the HIPCITY HUB Platform, any Merchandise and/or any Professional Service, (ii) your violation of this Agreement, (iii) your violation of any applicable law or regulation; (iv) your violation of the rights of another (including but not limited to Professionals), and (v) Your Information and content that you submit or transmit through the HIPCITY HUB Platform. HIPCITY HUB reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to your indemnification. You will not, in any event, settle any such claim or matter without the prior written consent of HIPCITY HUB.
- Mutual Arbitration Agreement.
- Informal Negotiations. To expedite resolution and reduce the cost of any dispute, controversy or claim, past, present, or future, between you and HIPCITY HUB, including without limitation any dispute or claim related to or arising out of this Agreement (“Dispute”), you and HIPCITY HUB may attempt to negotiate any Dispute informally (the “Informal Negotiations”) before initiating any arbitration or court proceeding. Such Informal Negotiations will commence upon written notice. Your address for any notices under this Section 17 is your email address and/or physical address that you have provided to HIPCITY HUB. HIPCITY HUB’s address for such notices is: email@example.com/or by mail to HipCity Hub Integrated Services, Attn: Legal, PO Box # 9000001FCT, Abuja.
- Arbitration. If a Dispute is not resolved through Informal Negotiations, you and HIPCITY HUB agree to resolve any and all Disputes (except those Disputes expressly excluded below) through final and binding arbitration (“Arbitration Agreement”). This Arbitration Agreement shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act and evidences a transaction involving commerce.
Each party will pay the fees for his/her or its own attorneys, subject to any remedies to which that party may later be entitled under applicable law. The arbitrator will make a decision in writing. Additionally, the arbitrator, and not any federal, state, or local court or agency, shall have the exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability, or formation of this Arbitration Agreement. However, the preceding sentence shall not apply to the “Class Action Waiver” described in Section d below.
- Excluded Disputes. You and HIPCITY HUB agree that the following Disputes are excluded from this Arbitration Agreement: (1) any Dispute seeking to enforce or protect, or concerning the validity of, any of your or our intellectual property rights; (2) individual claims in small claims court; (3) any claim that an applicable federal statute expressly states cannot be arbitrated; and (4) any claim for injunctive relief.
- WAIVER OF RIGHT TO BE A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN A CLASS ACTION.
You and HIPCITY HUB agree to bring any Dispute in arbitration on an individual basis only, and not as a class or collective action. There will be no right or authority for any Dispute to be brought, heard or arbitrated as a class or collective action (“Class Action Waiver”
). Regardless of anything else in this Arbitration Agreement and/or the applicable AAA Rules or AAA Consumer Rules, the interpretation, applicability, enforceability or formation of the Class Action Waiver may only be determined by a court and not an arbitrator.
- Rules/Standards Governing Arbitration Proceeding. A party who wishes to arbitrate a Dispute covered by this Arbitration Agreement must initiate an arbitration proceeding no later than the expiration of the statute of limitations that applicable law prescribes for the claim asserted. The arbitrator shall apply the statute of limitations that would have applied if the Dispute had been brought in court. The arbitrator may award any remedy to which a party is entitled under applicable law, but remedies shall be limited to those that would be available to a party in their individual capacity, and no remedies that otherwise would be available to an individual under applicable law will be forfeited. The arbitrator is without authority to apply any different substantive law. The parties have the right to conduct adequate civil discovery and present witnesses and evidence as needed to present their cases and defenses, and any dispute in this regard shall be decided by the arbitrator. The location of the arbitration proceeding shall take place in the city or county where you reside, unless each party agrees otherwise. A court of competent jurisdiction shall have the authority to enter judgment upon the arbitrator’s decision/award.
- Severability. You and HipCity Hub agree that if any portion of this section entitled “Mutual Arbitration Agreement” is found illegal or unenforceable, that portion will be severed and the remainder of this section 17 will be given full force and effect.
- Governing Law; Jurisdiction. Except for the Arbitration Agreement in Section 17, which is governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, this Agreement is governed and interpreted pursuant to the laws of the State FCT, Federal Republic of Nigeria, notwithstanding any principles of conflicts of law. For all Disputes not subject to arbitration, You agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located within the FCT, Abuja.
- Assignment. This Agreement may not be assigned or transferred by you without our prior written approval. We may assign or transfer this Agreement without your consent, including but not limited to assignments: (i) to a parent or subsidiary, (ii) to an acquirer of assets, or (iii) to any other successor or acquirer. Any assignment in violation of this section shall be null and void. This Agreement shall inure to the benefit of permitted successors and assigns.
- General Provisions. No agency, partnership, joint venture, employer-employee or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this Agreement. A failure by us to enforce any provision(s) of this Agreement will not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and HipCity Hub with respect to its subject matter. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions will be enforced to the fullest extent possible, and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect. You agree that, except as otherwise expressly provided in this Agreement, there shall be no third party beneficiaries to this Agreement. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any Dispute, claim or cause of action arising out of or related to this Agreement must be filed within one (1) year after such Dispute, claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. All notices provided by a party in connection with this Agreement will be deemed given as of the day they are received either by email, messenger, delivery service, or in the Nigeria Post Office Mail Box, postage prepaid, certified or registered, return receipt requested, and addressed as follows: Your address for such notices is your email address and/or physical address that you have provided to HipCity Hub. HipCity Hub’s address for such notices is: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or by mail to HipCity Hub Integrated Services, Attn: Legal, PO Box # 900001, FCT, Abuja. The captions in this Agreement are solely for convenience and shall not affect the interpretation of this Agreement. This Agreement shall not be modified except in writing signed by both parties or by means of a new posting by HipCity Hub, as described below. This Agreement shall be interpreted as if jointly drafted by the parties. HipCity Hub shall have no liability to you for any failure or delay in performing its obligations in this Agreement where such failure or delay is caused by an event or circumstance beyond HipCity Hub’s reasonable control including, without limitation, strikes, lock-outs and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, failure of Professionals to perform, flood, fire, explosion, acts of terrorism or accident.
- Changes to this Agreement. We reserve the right, at our sole and absolute discretion, to change, modify, add to, supplement or delete any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement at any time, effective with or without prior notice. If any future changes to this Agreement are unacceptable to you or cause you to no longer be in compliance with this Agreement, you must terminate, and immediately stop using, the HipCity Hub Platform. Your continued use of the HipCity Hub Platform following any revision to this Agreement constitutes your complete and irrevocable acceptance of any and all such changes.
- Contact Information. If you have any questions regarding this Agreement, please contact us at email@example.com or by mail at either of the below addresses:
HipCity Hub Integrated Service, d/b/a HipCity
PO Box # 900001
HipCity Hub Integrated Service, d/b/a HipCity
Suite 008, Third Floor, Transpharm Plaza, Opposite Utako Motor Park
Last updated: August 03, 2016